There are two ways to take a screenshot on an HTC One. One is very similar to the iPhone way of taking screenshot and the other is a slight variation of it, however none of them will be intuitive to you when you get a hold of the device. Most people will most likely discover this information from a Google search, and to be fair so will they for the iPhone too unless someone showed you how to do it.
1. Press and hold the HTC One’s lock button
2. Press, but don’t hold, the home button to the right of the HTC logo.
3. You will see the device flash and make a camera shutter sound if sound is enabled.
4. Go to the Gallery app, under the Screenshots folder to find your recent screenshot and all other screenshots take in the past.
1. At the same time, press the HTC One’s lock button and the ‘Volume down’ button to the right of the device.
If you don’t press these buttons at the simultaneously, you will most probably launch an app instead orr some other weird behaviour so it is important to press the buttons at the same time.
2. If done correctly, you will see the device flash and make a camera shutter sound if sound is enabled.
There is no software version to achieve this same screenshot action on the HTC One for accessibility, using software keys, for those with an impairment unfortunately unlike the iPhone. Now that you know how to take a screenshot on the HTC One, happy screen grabbing for whatever purpose you may have.
1,170 total views, 3 views today