I’m not a big fan of drinking my calories as you can often find yourself consuming more calories than you would if you were eating a proper meal. This recipe should be treated as a small meal because it provides protein (almonds and cocoa), calcium (yoghurt and milk) as well as a good dose of antioxidants (berries) and potassium (bananas). This smoothie is a very nutrient dense ‘liquid meal’ that doesn’t add sweet ingredients for the sake of it.
- ½ cup mixed frozen berries
- 1 ripe frozen banana
- 1 cup milk
- 2 heaped tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon organic cocoa powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 6 almonds
Cooking: Chocolate banana berry smoothie
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
* Almond or rice milk or any milk of your choice works well in this recipe. In summer sometimes I use water instead of milk to make this smoothie even lighter. For serving suggestions and more tips, view recipe at The Loving Cook.com.au.
792 total views, 1 views today