Every now and then you don’t feel like standing in front of a stove for a long time to produce a meal. Whether it is because of a busy schedule or just one of those moments where cooking just isn’t as exciting, I create some quick win, easy meals in these times. The sweet chilli chicken mayo wrap is one of those snacks that can be had along side something else of your choosing to turn it into a meal.
- Salad leaf
- Honey Mustard Mayonnaise
- Sweet Chilli sauce
- Wraps (any type of your choosing)
- Boil/Grill the chicken until properly cooked. Be sure to add salt at this stage to avoid people adding too much later in the plate.
- Shred the chicken into many small pieces.
- Place a wrap on chopping board.
- Spread the salad leaf evenly all over the wrap.
- Add your chicken strips in a straight line in the middle of the wrap
- Add some sweet chilli sauce and/or some honey mustard mayonnaise.
- Fold the wrap on it self as shown in the images below.
- Cut the wraps, diagonally, in half to make it easier to eat & for presentation.
The wraps are ready to eat as a snack, for lunch, dinner or breakfast if you are feeling bold. I served mine with some boiled potatoes for my fiancee as dinner who loves his high carb diet. A drink of choice to wash it down will also do but try to keep it healthy. The sweet chili sauce and honey mustard mayo complements the chicken very well, whether boiled or grilled, but you can replace these with any sauces of your choice.
Another way to save even more time is sometimes I will buy the chicken ready made from my supermarket on day they have a sale. Doing this allows me to make my first wrap with 5 – 10 minutes. Bon appetite!
Gallery: Sweet Chilli Chicken Mayo wrap recipe
1,445 total views, 1 views today